Prison Activist Support Coalition, and immediate action campaign on behalf of the Free Alabama Movement.
A mass prisoner strike wave is coming in state and federal prisons all over the country.
We need to build a national activist movement against prison slavery, but in support of the Free Alabama Movement, we propose the following immediate action campaign:
1. We need to create a “Free Alabama” speakers’ tour to send activists all over Alabama to spread the message about the conditions in Alabama’s prison system.
This is the first step to a regional and national campaign, but we need to win the people in Alabama over, and not just activist organizations or so-called leaders.
2. We need to have a series of mass meetings in Birmingham, Huntsville and other major cities in Alabama to expose the conditions in Alabama state prisons, to target communities of color especially, as well as all those opposed to structural racism represented by this system.
3. We need to call for a mass international email campaign about conditions in Alabama prisons.
4. Contact university and legal groups about filing a series of class action lawsuits against conditions in Alabama prisons.
5. Go to the United Nations Human Rights Council with a human rights complaint about Alabama prisons being a violation of international human rights covenants.
6. A national protest march in Montgomery against Alabama state prison slavery, as well as continuing picket lines at the Alabama Department of Corrections.
7. Southern Regional [or national] Prison Activist Conference, about not only conditions in Alabama, but all over the country.
8. An Emergency Response Network to be able to respond in support of prison strikes in Alabama or anywhere in the country, and prevent mass repression by prison officials.
9. We need to recruit students, youth, and community activists as volunteers from all over the country.
10. We need to have a massive fundraising campaign on GoFundMe to obtain the funds to make this happen. We should create a joint fundraising committee to handle the funds and make an accounting of all funds raised.
This is a 2015 Proposal from the Black Autonomy Prison Federation and the Ida B. Wells Coalition Against Racism and Police Brutality.