Greeting from FREE ALABAMA MOVEMENT
Join us on June 25. 2016 , beginning at 2 pm for our “INCARCERATED LIVES MATTER ” event at Kelly Ingram Park, in Birmingham , Alabama.
We will be discussing issues that affect
the lives of those incarcerated in the Alabama Department of Corrections and devising solutions to the problems that we are experiencing with mass incarceration. Topics of discussion will include:
1) Developing plans for a mass release and improved conditions of confinement that will be coordinated through class-civil litigation, calls for intervention by the US Dept of Justice, the United Nation, and other affiliate organizations, including the National Movement Against Mass Incarceration and PrisonSlavery, The Ordinary Peoples Society, Incarcerated Workers Organizing Committee, and others;
2) Overhauling Alabama’s Parole Board to include demands for an “automatic” parole eligibilty criteria;
3) Revising Alabama’s Habitual Felony Offender Act and abolishing sentences of LWOP and the death penalty; solitary confinement; mental health treatments and release of the mentally ill; protecting the rights of women; expansion of rights to children who have a patent incarcerated ;
4) Changing laws that allow for children to be prosecuted as adults and substantially amending Alabama’s First Offender and Youthful Offender laws;
5) Promoting Free Alabama Movement’s “FREEDOM BILL” for Education, Rehabilitation, and Re-Entry Preparadness;
6) Ending free labor and other economic exploitations in Alabama prisons;
freealabamamovement@Gmail.com, mothersandfamilies3@Gmail.com, or call 256-203-4371.
Free food and refreshments, and limited free transportation will be available.